Learn about Streambox solutions including:
- Streambox Cloud Services
- AVENIR Mini 5 camera mountable mobile streaming encoder
- Multi-Channel Encoder / Decoder
- Chroma X compact encoder/decoder
- Chroma 4K advanced encoder/decoder with 4K DCI / UHD 30p and 60p
- Mobile Media Player for iPhone and iPad devices
- NODE 2 portable media playout device
Relax from the frenzy of the exhibition halls and cross the street to the Residence Inn from Monday, April 8th to Thursday April 11th.
Post-production facilities and personnel need real-time remote color grading, editorial review and content approvals, which is enabled by Streambox solutions. Post professionals can share, view and listen to content with the necessary detail to make informed decisions from multiple remote locations such as screening rooms and digital cinema theaters to work collaboratively.
- High-quality, full range 12-bit 4:4:4 RGB/XYZ color video in various formats such as 4K DCI with HDR
- Accessibility over standard public IP networks
- Optimized Streambox ACT L3/L5 codec supports various frame rates and bit depths and also supports HDR in different standards
- Up to 16 channels of uncompressed audio.
Some environments may still need remote connectivity but have less stringent encoding requirements. Chroma X is a small form factor version of Chroma that supports up to 3G 1080p resolution with down conversion from 2K available on a service basis.
Streambox also has software encoders for Mac and Windows computer systems to live stream media content.
Transport management is included with Streambox Enterprise Server and Streambox Cloud Services. Enterprise Server works well for organizations that have a known number of clients on a single network, while Cloud Services adds the flexibility and scalability of establishing a robust first mile connection and use of reliable Cloud-based distribution to any number of designated destinations around the world.
There are a number of options for playing out streaming media content from Streambox as well.
- Chroma or Chroma X hardware decoder for the best performance
- NODE 2 small form factor media player with up to 10 programmable channels, support for HDR, and 6 channels of audio.
- Windows and Mac based software media players
- Mobile Media Player iOS application for iPads and iPhones
The software defined Streambox Chroma advanced encoder decoder is suitable to a diverse set of streaming workflows and applications in post-production, broadcast and other media enterprise facilities. Chroma systems can be the central component to provide high-quality video streaming including 4K DCI with full range color and HDR between post-production facilities, co-located team members and remote clients.
Chroma has an extensive feature set, but all the capabilities may not be needed all the time, or needs may change over time or for certain projects. Streambox now offers feature-based licensing for bundles of features, or for certain individual features. Software can be activated on-the fly with codes by purchasing licenses based on a hardware identification.
Chroma has multiple new operational developments.
- Remote preview of streams being decoded at different levels of quality, native RGB preview for encoding and decoding
- Stream pull function based on metadata used with Streambox Enterprise Server or Streambox Cloud Services to monitor pre-identified streams using such metadata parameters as editor name or server IP address.
- Remote Web UI/control when networked to Streambox Node for playout
- LCD data such as IP identification for encoder and decoder
- Improved diagnostics such as drop frame detection to assist with video optimization
- Low latency mode of 1 frame, < 0.1 seconds
While making reviews convenient and saving time is a great impetus to put this type of solution in place, complete satisfaction is realized by having team members and clients be able to view content that is visually lossless and reproduces exact color. Color fidelity is a major consideration, and testing has been done with Chroma that confirms that viewers are receiving the proper visual experience, while everyone benefits as no color conversions are needed.
Chroma X is a software defined encoder or decoder packaged as a small form factor device made available in a Hardware as a Service (HaaS) or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering.
- Delivery of HD/HDR content Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multi-Point
- Real-time post-production, broadcast, and enterprise collaboration
- Send to Enterprise Server and Streambox Cloud Services for contribution, archiving, and playing of live streams to and from remote locations.
Two HD 1080p Chroma X device packages are available with a 12 month rental including 6 TB of Cloud data. The Standard Package provides 4:2:2 HDR 10-bit video and 8 channel audio. The Premium Package provides 4:4:4 RGB HDR 12-bit video, and 16 channel audio.