Streambox Exhibits 12-bit, 4:4:4 RGB Codec & Post Solutions at HPA
Streambox will present upcoming next-generation video compression technology, ACT-L5 Codec, their new modular 4K/2K/HD Rackmount encoder and decoder, and Cloud and software solutions for low latency live remote Sessions at the 2018 Hollywood Professional Association (HPA) Tech Retreat.
The next generation ACT-L5 Codec produces the 12-bit, 4:4:4 RGB color profile required for cinematic, episodic, and commercial color grading and editing. This is also ideal for live events, digital signage, and broadcast video where High Dynamic Range (HDR) video is desired.
Streambox products provide secure and ease-of-use solutions for cinematic, episodic, and commercial live sessions for post-production workflows by providing:
- Remote real-time creative collaborations including color grading & editing over the Internet and MPLS networks.
- Cloud for multi-location post-production allowing teams and owners to collaborate
- Mix and match hardware and software of macOS, iOS, Windows, and Android products to meet project requirements and budget
- ACT-L5 Codec for 4:4:4 RGB Color support (to be demoed at the show). The ACT-L5 video codec, designed to work with Rec.709, DCI-P3, and Rec.2020 is setting a new bar for production quality.
- Software Apps and modules include: HD, 2K, and 4K encoder/decoder, media players for macOS, iOS, and Windows, encryption, 2K Stereo Video, 12-bit 4:4:4
- Strong AES-128 encryption for content protection
Meet with Streambox to see new products
Streambox new modular Rackmount HD encoders and decoders
Streambox modular encoder/decoder rackmounts based on the industry-leading ACT-L3/ACT-L5 codec for unrivaled performance, reliability, high quality, and low latency, video over IP networks. Streambox modular rackmounts are well suited for broadcast, enterprise, and secure collaboration for post-production workflows.
Streambox's Cloud Service is a secure service that provides reliable multi-point collaboration infrastructure and software for the needs of post-production professionals. Streambox Cloud supports encrypted streams, high-quality HD, and 4K low latency videos for review, edit, and color grading.
NODE is a small form factor media player device supporting ten video channels that will automatically "pull" live video from Streambox Cloud and Enterprise Server or directly receive from an encoder for live video playout to HDMI connected monitors.
Advanced Streaming Codec
All Streambox products are powered by the proprietary codec, Advanced Compression Technology - Level 3 (ACT-L3), Advanced Program 2017. Streambox ACT-L3 AP 2017 compression allows for fast encoding with low latency and is optimized for video transmission over any IP connection. ACT-L3 is capable of compressing high motion, complex video at low data rates with the advanced motion search feature.
Streambox LDMP Technology
All Streambox products come equipped with Streambox exclusive Low Delay Multi-Path technology (LDMP). Streambox LDMP protocol allows low latency adaptive bitrate streaming on public and private networks. Streambox encoders will automatically select the best possible bandwidth, latency, and resolution over multiple IP networks, allowing Streambox products to gracefully handle network bandwidth fluctuations and dropouts which are often seen over public or shared network environments.