Contact Us to Learn More
Post-production facilities across the globe incorporate high quality, low cost streaming media delivery solutions over even low-bandwidth IP connections with solutions by Streambox. Streambox Advanced Compression Technology codecs are optimized to process high motion, complex video at lower data rates using an advanced motion search feature. Streambox Chroma solutions support 10 and 12-bit, 4:2:2, and 4:4:4, RGB/XYZ even with 4K HDR encoding at significantly lower data rates. With reliable media transport protocols and mechanisms to a range of playout choices, Streambox enables directors, producers, colorists, VFX creators, and editors remote, real-time collaboration as if they are working in the same location.
Streambox Cloud Services
Cloud-based services from Streambox offer dependable transport on a global basis with collaboration tools for routing and management designed to support digital cinema, post-production, and creative organizations.
- Send private session invitations, share encrypted video, and conduct group review sessions
- Share live high quality, low latency 4K HDR, UHD HDR, 2K HDR, and HD HDR video
- Perform tasks such as review, VFX editing, and color grading.
- Provide remote, real-time collaboration across multiple locations using Streambox Sessions™ without reviewers needing a Cloud account or needing to connect with Streambox Cloud directly.
Chroma Advanced Encoder / Decoder
Streambox Chroma and Chroma X systems supports secure, real-time, remote, collaborative workflows for post-production professionals.
- Offers no compromises low latency 4K HDR, UHD HDR, 2K HDR, and HD HDR video over public and private IP networks of different types.
- Delivers real-time services for color grading, VFX creation, remote editorial, and final review with a bottom-line advantage to producers, engineers, and colorists.
- Provides a flexible method for marking up video content with the Annotations feature for multiple stakeholders can be connected to a Chroma encoder system acting as an annotations server via a web interface to work on the same project.
Optimized Streaming Technologies
The latest generation ACT-L5 Codec delivers up to 12-bit, 4:4:4 RGB color profiles in multiple resolutions required for cinematic, episodic, commercial color grading, VFX creation, and editing.
- Improves efficiency, speed, and quality of encoding, as well as lowering the system processing load using the Streambox ACT-L5™ codec
- Provides intelligent utilization of available network paths to achieve higher rates of transport and real-time collaboration with minimal end-to end latency even over public or private IP networks using the specialized Low Delay Multi-Path Protocol (LDMP) from Streambox
- Reduces operating expenses by accelerating and enhancing post-production projects with effective remote sessions.
End-to-end encryption with a symmetric key, forms a protective shield around the transport of valuable video content with no increase in stream latency.
- 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is a video security standard add-on for Streambox hardware encoders, decoders, and Streambox Cloud Services
- Permits playout on various software and hardware media players
- Protects video content by access only with a provided encryption key for added security
- Lowers costs and requires less setup time versus VPN networking
- Increases protection with AES 192-bit and 254-bit Encryption available upon request
Dolby Vision Support
- Provides digital video metadata drop off from a remote location to a Dolby CMU
- Offers HDMI tunneling directly to digitalvideo monitors
- Enhances color correction and VFX workflows through applications ported for metadata extraction and delivery
Media Player Choices
Streambox offers a variety of streaming player types enables post-production professionals to view high quality media from almost any location.
- Enables PC systems to view streams with desktop software media players for Windows and Mac OSX
- Provides ultimate flexibility with Mobile Media Player for iPads and iPhones
- Delivers highest performance and quality with Chroma decoders using the ACT-L3/L5 codecs as well as providing multiple audio channels
- Promotes portability with NODE 2 small form factor device to display video content
Streambox Sessions™ is a simple and cost-effective way to connect media professionals who require remote, real-time collaboration of high quality, color-rich, content across multiple locations.
- Reviewers use a Cloud account from Streambox Cloud Services or make a direct connection
- Session ID’s are generated and the ID codes are sent out to to use with Streambox media players or decoders
- Codes are entered in the Session ID field of the Streambox Media Players or decoders
- Immediate connection is made for real-time review with no need for setup, managing the network, or performing configurations.
Using the Streambox Cloud
Server web app, Session ID’s are generated. These ID codes are sent out to everyone with a Streambox media player or decoder. Anyone who is collaborating on the project enters the code in the Session ID field of their Streambox Media Player or decoder, and they are immediately connected and ready for real-time review with no need for setup, managing the network, or performing configurations.